Monday, January 2, 2012

A fresh start!

I've found that there are generally two types of people when it comes to holiday decorating.  The first keeps Christmas trees, lights and Christmas cards up as long as possible, sweeping dry needles off the floor well into January. The second whisks away any traces of Christmas on December 26th, relishing the newfound sense of space and lack of clutter that comes after tucking away decorations again until the next year.  I definitely fall into the latter category.  When Christmas is over I am ready for a fresh start in the new year.  I found some tiny daffodils at the grocery store and they set the tone perfectly for my clean sweep!





I like bringing natural elements into the house. 
I find them relaxing.

This little stump came from a tree I cut down in the back yard 
(don't worry, I planted another one!).  It's the perfect perch for a candle
or a beverage since the petit side table can't 
always accommodate everything.



Ahh...a new year...a clean slate.

Enjoy your fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...